Monday, September 1, 2014

Feel Like I'm a Bookseller Again...Yay!

This past week was my students first week to checkout in grades 2-5.  While my students were waiting to checkout, I asked grades 3-5 to fill out a Fall Reading Interview courtesy of a Scholastic Blogger (I know it says to interview them, but it worked just fine as a passed out sheet).  I even told them to write specific books, so I'd know what book order to place for them.  Wow!  I'm so happy with the responses on the interview.  And my students were really excited to tell me what kind of books they wanted.  

I did realize that my library needs to start heading in the direction of diary-style writing books because most of my students love Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Dork Diaries.  And so begins my second FAVORITE part of being a book pusher--finding new books to recommend to my students!  Some of them were content with me passing Big Nate or Dear Dumb Diary to them, but that only lasted so long because then I ran out those series, too.  Only a few would be placated with Captain Underpants.  

My new library needs the "Amanda" touch (aka more of what my students want).  Here is what I'm ordering...
Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja series by Marcus Emerson
Stick Dog by Tom Watson
Origami Yoda Series by Tom Angleberger
My Life series by Janet Tashjian
The newest Dork Diaries and Big Nate, too

YAY! More books!

No comments:

Post a Comment