Sunday, December 27, 2015

"Infographisizing" Communication

I looked up the word "inforgraphisizing" and someone else made it up before I did, so I know I'm not the only one who will add random suffixes to words!  

One way I try to communicate with parents is through a library/media newsletter.  I thought of several ways I could accomplish this, from online newsletters to half sheet updates.  Since its not a guarantee that all households have Internet in my school's community, it was better to opt for a paper newsletter.  I decided to send it out every 2-3 months so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed.  

To make it more visually appealing, an infographic style was desired.  Here is an example of what the newsletter looks like: 


I use this template from easel.ly and really enjoy just deleting filler text and inserting my own text or slightly modifying boxes.  As you can see, I keep it simple and visually appealing.  One could just scan the paper and get a general idea of what is going on in the library.

This has been an enjoyable addition to ways I'm challenging myself to improve communication with families.

No comments:

Post a Comment