Sunday, September 23, 2018

Programs That Offer Children's Books (and almost all of them are FREE)

Access to books...we all want it, I believe we all need it.





Let me start with the easiest way I know to get books...the LIBRARY! I'm very fortunate where I live because I have access to 3 different library systems. Technically, 5, if you count the Zoo Library (I volunteer there) and my mom's school library. Anyway, the 3 main library systems offer the program 1000 Books Before Kindergarten-- depending on the library system, you could get a free book based on how many you've read.


AMAZING ways to get books:
Epic!
It's an unlimited digital library of high quality books for kids 12 and under. It is free for educators and $7.99 per month for everyone else (first month free).  I can't believe I have never written a post about Epic!  I am here to correct that mistake. The app/site has fiction and nonfiction books (sorted and categorized), some books are offered as read aloud or audio. The site continues to grow and add features such as tracking reading, Spanish titles, and educational videos.

Here is a link to my bookmarking page w/ other online books.



Dolly Parton's Imagination Library 
Once a month, a free high quality book is sent to families with children ages 0-preschool. It's as simple as that. The program now reaches over 1 million kids! The program is currently in the United States, Canada, and the U.K.. If it is not offered in your area, you are encouraged to start an affiliate program.



PJ Library 
Geared towards Jewish families with kids 6 months-11 years. Families sign up for the free program and receive Jewish themed books in the mail every month. PJ Library has branched out to schools and camps, too.


Feel free to comment about free book programs in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment