Friday, January 25, 2019

Multicultural Children’s Book Day Today! (Book Review)


Kiely was born a star!  Her many talents include dancing, singing, and dramatics. Her parents (aka paparazzi) capture every cute moment whether Kiely wants them to or not. I can definitely relate to that aspect of having my first little ones (twins) and wanting to capture everything (and then posting it for family and friends to enjoy).


Many parents will see their child in Kiely, the protagonist in I Am Famous by Tara Luebbe and Becky Cattie. Having two littles myself and even thinking back to when my sister was little, I recognize the spirit of Kiely in them. Even my mom while reading the book, kept saying “this is you!”

Kiely’s big break comes when she performs at her grandpa’s birthday party. She finds the perfect outfit to “hit the red carpet”. In front of her live audience she performs her grandpa’s favorite song, but OH! “What were the words again?” Well, the show must go on, so now to dancing. Oops! Kiely has another embarrassing moment. Will it stop her from performing ever again? You have to read the book to find out.

This is a super cute book with the message that no matter what, family--I mean fans, will love you. Make sure to check out the sequel, I Used to Be Famous! especially if you have a child who feels like a "has been" with a new sibling.




No comments:

Post a Comment